The Port Wing Fish Boil was started by Floyd “Bing” Anderson in 1958. Bing was a fisherman here in Port Wing, and also the baseball coach for the Port Wing baseball team. He wanted to raise money for uniforms for his team so they would all look as good as they played! So he decided to hold a Fish Boil.
The first few Fish Boil events were held down by the Lake in Bing’s net shed. When the crowds grew too big for that location, they moved the event to the baseball diamond in town, located then just south of where South Shore Schools are now, and held it under a big circus tent.Fifteen years later, the town built the Pavilion next to the Town Hall and the Fish Boil has been held there ever since.1
1From Port Wing’s Heritage Hall Herald, Volume 5, Issue 3, October 1, 2006.)
Below is a picture, painted by long-time Port Wing weekend resident Teri Power, showing a Fish Boil at the “big top” location.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.